Thursday, February 23, 2006

2004 Finca Los Primos Malbec & Antonio Banderas

It's been awhile since I reviewed a wine.
Sticking to my malbec and syrah from South America theme -
I'm going to be working with malbec soon so I've been running through a few.

I like to say the title of this wine. It makes me sound like Antonio Banderas in Zorro or some other flick.

This one shows the youth with lots of fruit expression. The tannins are still somewhat assertive and it really is best, at this point, with robust, meaty dishes and rich cheeses. I'd stop short of going too spicy with the meal selection. I really appreciated the coffee and tobacco box that is beginning to emerge. Some of the flavours (oak influences notably) are not yet fully harmonized but I'm sure it will all fall into place. I bought a case of the stuff because:
1) the price is right. About $10 (CDN) a bottle.
2) I'm 95% sure it's going to cellar like a dream.

16.5/20 BUY $9.95 / bottle

No comments: