Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Duck Pond, 2004 Pinot Noir

Always a good idea to see what the other guys are doing. So on a recent jaunt across the line I shared a few sips of this recent effort from Duck Pond.
This Oregon pinot is all about the fruit with excellent expressions of strawberry, raspberry and light cherry. The bouquet showed hints of spice and jam. Alcohol is balanced and restrained; nothing about this wine is too extracted or over the top. The use of oak is complimenary to the wine. I think it has limited potential for aging and may not appeal to pinot lovers that prefer earthiness or more tannic examples.
I paid about $13.00 (CDN) for this wine. I bought this one as opposed to the myriad or others at the same price point in the this supermarket because there was a nice rendering of a duck on the label and I have a fondness for buffles.
16.5/20

No comments: